I Have a Question About...

If you are unable to find the answer to your question, please call Bingen City Hall at (509) 493-2122 or take a look at the City of Bingen's Municipal Code.

Looking for specific records or documents? Submit a public records request to the City Clerk. 

City of Bingen Public Records Policy

112 N Ash | P.O. Box 607 Bingen, WA 98605  | Email

Responses to Public Records Requests are temporarily delayed due to staffing limitations and the strain on resources caused by COVID-19.

For more information, please refer to Proclamation 20-28 issued by the Washington State Governor on March 24, 2020, and Resolution 2020-004 issued by the Bingen City Council on April 7, 2020.



When is my utility bill due?

Utility bills are due on the 20th of every month. If the 20th falls on a weekend, holiday, or Monday, the due date is extended to the next business day. Please refer to the 2022 utility billing schedule.

Can I pay my bill with a credit or debit card?

Yes! As of April 1, 2018 the City of Bingen now accepts payments via debit or credit card at City Hall.

Discover, MasterCard, Visa, and American Express cards are accepted.

Does the City have an automatic payment program?

Yes. Please submit a completed enrollment form, along with a voided check. Payments will be deducted monthly on the due date. 

I am unable to pay my bill at City Hall during business hours. Is there another option?

For your convenience, a drop box at the front of city hall is available for utility payments. Payments can also be mailed to the City of Bingen, P.O. Box 607, Bingen, WA 98605.

Why is my bill higher than usual?

Utility bills can be more expensive if more water is used or if a payment is made late. Please refer to the water & sewer fees for more information, or call City Hall at (509) 493-2122.

Is there a utility bill discount available?

Yes, the City of Bingen offers a 20% discount on base water and sewer fees to qualifying low-income seniors or low-income disabled persons.  For information please contact Washington Gorge Action Programs at 509-493-2662 Ext. 315.


Are Fireworks allowed in the City of Bingen?

No. Fireworks are banned year-round within the Bingen City limits. 

Am I allowed to burn yard debris or scrap wood on my property?

No. The City of Bingen has a permanent burn ban. Permits may be obtained for agricultural burns with the Washington State Department of Ecology.

Am I allowed to have a barbecue or small cooking fire?

Yes, but it must consist ONLY of charcoal, natural gas, or propane. No wood-burning fires are allowed.

How do I join the Bingen Fire Department?

The Bingen Fire Department is 100% volunteer. For information on becoming a member, please contact the department at fire@bingenwashington.org and submit a completed application. Applicants must have a valid driver's license and pass a background check.


Does my dog have to be licensed even though it never leaves my property?

Yes. All dogs over the age of 6 months living in the City of Bingen MUST be licensed every calendar year. This is to help identify the dog if it gets lost or injured. Even if your dog stays on your property or is fenced in, the City of Bingen must treat all citizens equally. Owners who fail to license their dogs may be fined.

How much does a dog license cost?

Dog licenses are $10.00 per calendar year for spayed/neutered dogs, and $25.00 per calendar year for unspayed/unneutered dogs. 

What documentation do I have to provide to obtain a dog license?

You must provide a current certificate of Rabies vaccination, and paperwork that proves the dog has been spayed/neutered if applicable. 

Does the City of Bingen have Animal Control?

Yes. Animal Control Officer Mike Solomon can be reached at (509) 310-3005.

Does my cat need to be licensed?

No, the City of Bingen does not require cats to be licensed at this time.

Does the City of Bingen allow other animals besides dogs and cats?

Residents of the City of Bingen may own up a total of three (3) of any combination of Ducks, Pot-Bellied Pigs, Rabbits, and/or Pigeons. Apply for a permit with City Hall and remit the $10.00 fee.

Residents of the City of Bingen may own up a total of six (6) Chickens. Apply for a permit with City Hall and remit the $30.00 fee. No roosters allowed.


How do I obtain a business license?

The City of Bingen has partnered with the Washington State Department of Revenue's Business Licensing Service (BLS). Please visit https://dor.wa.gov/open-business/apply-business-license or log into your MyDOR account to apply for a Bingen business license or renewal. Questions please call 360-705-6741.

Does my business have to be licensed even though it isn't based in Bingen?

Yes. All businesses active within the City of Bingen MUST be licensed every year. This includes contractors, subcontractors. and landlords.

How much does a business license cost?

Please click here to view fee information.

I own multiple rental properties, do I need a business license for each one?

No, as a landlord renting to either commercial or residential tenants one business license covers all of your rental properties.


How do I recycle as a Bingen resident?

Curbside recycling is FREE to all residents of Klickitat County. For more information or to sign up for the free curbside service, please see our recycling information page